As you know if you’ve read Part 1, there were things I could have taken with me to make my cottage trip a little more comfortable. So here’s my revised must-pack list for a trip to the cottage!
- Warm sweater – because it can get very chilly!
- Pants/jeans – to protect from the weather and while hiking
- Light clothing – to travel and lounge in
- Swimwear – the water is usually too good to resist
- A complete change of clothes – just in case
- Water shoes – in case there are sharp rocks on the beach
- Flip flops – easiest to change into after a swim
- Sneakers/Running shoes – best for hiking and general running around
- 2 Towels – one for the beach and one for drying off
- Blanket – keeps you warm!
- Entertainment – books, games, movies. It depends on the group that is going but will come in handy, especially in case of inclement weather.
- Camera – because you can get some amazing shots!
- Insect repellent
For the car:
- Food & Water – because the drives are usually long
- Pillow – someone is bound to fall asleep
I had an amazing time. It was cold. And I did have to stop reading my book out of fear for my life, as the rogue frisbee seemed hell-bent on causing everything, and everyone, around it pain. BUT the positives outweighed the minor bumps by a long stretch. I’m so glad I got to go and would jump at the chance to do so again! I will definitely be more prepared next time!
Anyone else in love with cottage life? Anything to add to the list?
*Note – Image Credit: http://www.thetravelgearreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/packing-list-2.jpg